Well, the second recipe is going to be again another cream of soup, because they are simply to prepare and delightful!
The truth is that I was remembering when I “created” this recipe. I was trying to make a veggie soup, but finally and due to some pressure that came from the preferences of two adorable women, I just followed their orders to satisfy them… Sometimes, I think that I become too “weak” when I have to face the beautiful eyes of whom you care about.
Simple as a cat’s life.
In 30 minutes aprox. you should be savouring the taste of this simple but colorful veggie and healthy recipe.
- 2 Broccoli (big ones)
- 1 White onion (big one)
- 1 Green courgette (big one)
- 2 Leeks.
- 5 Carrots (big ones)
- 1 Kg of potatoes
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Chillies (crushed)
- 1 Heaped spoon of Sweet paprika
- Mild white grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cream (optional, but preferably no more than 250ml)
- Before start cooking, we must wash all the vegetables to remove any trace of soil or dirt accumulated on them. Then, chop the onion, slice the leeks and dice the carrots, courgette, potatoes.
Once that the florets of the broccoli have been removed, I encourage you to use also the stalks. Many people throw them out as they couldn’t be eaten, but the truth is that by doing that you are wasting food.
Just by pealing the tough outer layer, we can use the inner portion of the broccoli stalk.
- Place a saucepan or a stockpot (I always prefer that one, when cooking soups or cream of soups) on the hob, cover the bottom with a thin layer of olive oil and heat up to high power.
- Once the oil is hot enough we will proceed to saute the onion and the carrots with a pinch of salt and black pepper, until the color of the carrot start turning to light gold, when we’ll reduce the power to mid-high.
- Now is the moment to add the remaining vegetables, the sweet paprika, the basil and the oregano. We’ll mix everything and cook it for a couple of mins to let them get covered by all the flavours.
- Cover now all the vegetables with water, add a pinch of crushed chillies, cover with the lid, and let simmer for 15 mins at mid-hig power. Once the time has passed, check the potatoes and if they are tender simply turn of the power.
- Blend now all the vegetables with the help of a blender -be careful as it can spatter all over- , until the everything is homogeneous, and we’ll be done.
In case that you want to make it thicker, you can add some cream, but I strongly recommend to do not use too much).
Now the cream of soup is ready, waiting to be served in a large bowl, scatter some grated cheddar cheese on the top and be enjoyed 😀
P.S.: As I couldn’t find the “googly eyes” in any shop around me, I just took some pictures from internet with the closest idea that I had on my mind, and I made a collage. Sadly I couldn’t find the original authors of each pic, so if any of you know about them just let me know to say thanks 😉